Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Turning a winter warmer into a summer sipper!

This isn't a "bare cupboard" recipe, but this blog is also about my kitchen experiments.  Some go wrong, others, like this one go oh, so RIGHT!! :)

My absolute FAVORITE cold weather drink (other than coffee!!) is a hot buttered rum... like seriously... Its rummy, buttery goodness!!  I love to curl up on the couch, with a steamy mug of the stuff and watch football, or a good movie or TV show!!  And if you don't know what a hot buttered rum is, you are TOTALLY missing out!! 

I love it so much, I wanted to enjoy it when its 100 degrees outside...  but I don't like hot drinks on a hot day... (my Gran LOVED a cup of hot tea on a hot day... I've never understood it...)  Anyway... hot buttered rum is rum, sugar, butter and hot water... not too many ingredients to work with...  So, how was I going to get that flavor and make it iced?!  Well, I happened to be at my parents about a year ago, and saw they had Butterscotch schnapps... and a light went off in my head... if I mixed that with rum and some club soda, I might just get what I was after... and sure enough WHAM!!  I found my COLD buttered rum...  So, here's the recipe!  If you give it a try, lemme know what you think!!  I'll share my hot buttered rum recipe later in the fall when it gets cooler! :)

Summer Buttered Rum Cocktail

2 oz GOLD Rum (my favorite is Bacardi)
1 oz Butterscotch Schanpps
Club Soda
Ice

Mix rum and schnapps in a cocktail glass, add ice, and top off with club soda!  Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment